Given the current coronavirus outbreak, now more than ever, staying healthy and germ-free is a top priority. Whether you live in a small building or your complex is home to hundreds of units, here are a few simple ways you can stay healthy during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Limit Guests and Time In Common Areas. Stay social…from a distance. Consider if now is the best time to have additional guests or visitors and be sure to wipe down any frequently touched surfaces in shared common areas.
- Disinfect to Protect. Disinfect frequently touched surfaces (think: counters, handles, doorknobs, light switches, your cell phone) and wipe down any area where bags or packages from outside have been placed.
- Don’t Forget The Laundry. Wash your clothes, towels, and sheets, in the warmest possible setting. Viruses hate heat so using the dryer will further prevent the spread of the disease. Don’t forget to clean and disinfect your hamper or clothes basket.
- Help Them, Help You. If your building is professionally cleaned, give the staff the space they need to do their job effectively. The best way to limit the spread of coronavirus is if we all limit our interactions with one another.
- If You’re Sick, Stay Inside. Even if you think it’s just a minor cough or sore throat, it’s better to stay inside than risk infecting your community. If you think you’ve been exposed to coronavirus, check out the CDC website for recommendations on what to do next.
It’s important to remember, although we may be apart, we’re all in this together. Our actions and precautions not only impact our health, but also the wellness of our neighbors and friends. Support each other in efforts to keep your community healthy. By making a few small changes to your regular cleaning schedule and keeping a safe distance from others, we’ll help flatten the curve.
If you or someone you know is having a difficult time keeping up with the cleaning and sanitizing of their condominium or apartment complex, the Charlesgate Property Management team is available to assist. Contact us to learn about available services.