When you are looking to choose or change your property management company, it is important to ask the right questions. You want to understand their company philosophies, who they currently work with, and their service offering, among other things. Here are 10 questions we highly recommend asking a potential company:
1. How long have you been in business?
2. Who are your current clients and how long have you been managing them?
3. How many properties will our property manager handle?
4. What software does your company use?
5. How do you handle late payments from residents?
6. What other services do you provide (brokerage for example)?
7. What is the protocol for an emergency maintenance situation?
8. How do you choose contractors or people to perform work in a building?
9. How do you communicate with residents/management?
10. What are the fees associated with your firm?
These questions are just a start and you should fully interview any firm you are considering to make sure that you will work well together. Contact Charlesgate Property Management to find out about our full service offering and hear what some of our current clients say.